New Hampshire School Nurses' Association
Fall Dinner and Membership Meeting
Friday, October 21, 2016 5:00 to 9:00 PM
Holiday Inn, 172 N Main St, Concord, NH 03301
$45 NHSNA Members $55 for non-members
Buffet Dinner and 1 Contact Hour Included
5:00 to 6:00 Cocktail Hour
6:00 to 6:45 Dinner Buffet: New England Baked Haddock, Sliced Sirloin, and Vegetable Lasagna.
6:45 to 7:15 Dessert and a Toast to our Very Special Mystery Guest!
We've invited a very special guest for you to meet. She retired from school nursing after 27 years in 1993. Since "retirement" she has worked tirelessly on behalf of all people in New Hampshire.
7:15 to 8:15 Trauma Informed Advocacy: The Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
Linda Douglas M.S.Ed., CTSS
Linda Douglas is the Trauma Informed Services Specialist for the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence. This coalition works to enhance the capacity of member programs of the coalition, and local communities to address the effects of trauma and the complex needs of victims with mental health and substance abuse problems. In addition to providing training and consultation to domestic violence programs, Linda has also provided training to DCYF, NH Children’s Trust, NH Police Academy, and the Department of Homeless Services.
8:15 NHSNA Semi-Annual Membership Meeting
- Call to Order / Attendance
- President's Report: Linda Compton MS, RN
- Secretary's report / Approval of Minutes
- Committee Reports will be a handout on the table
- Old Business: Committee openings
- New Business: Nancy Wells MS, RN NCSN DOE School Nurse Coordinator: NH DOE School Nurse Certification
- NHSNA Board will answer any questions