6.25 Contact Hours
Breakfast and Lunch Included
Many vendors / exhibitors
Sponsored by NH Division of PHHS - Lead Poisoning Prevention
8:00-8:20 Registration, Vendors & Breakfast
8:20-8:30 Welcome and Announcements
8:30-9:30 Naloxone in the Health Office: Are You Ready? Review of policies and standing order requirements for school nurses, hands on training.
Nancy Wells MS RN NCSN. School Nurse Coordinator, Office of Student Wellness, DOE
9:30 -9:45 Break/Vendors
09:45-10:30 School Violence and Student Safety: Protecting Medically Fragile Students During Active Shooter Situations Overview of changing trends regarding active shooter situations. Officer Rory Bohanan SRO SAU #34
10:30-12:00 Childhood Lead Poisoning in NH : What School Nurses Need to Know
Gail Gettens, MS ECMP
12:00-1:00 Lunch, Vendors, NHSNA Annual meeting, School Nurse of the Year presentation, Election of Officers.
1:00-2:00 When the Nurses Bathroom is not Enough: Promoting Healthy Outcomes for LGBTQ Students -- Jeff Perrotti, MA
2:15-3:15 When the Nurses Bathroom is not Enough: Promoting Healthy Outcomes for LGBTQ Students (cont.) Jeff Perrotti, MA
3:15-4:15 5 Protective Factors for Building Strong Families
Keryn Bernard- Kriegl, MA New Hampshire Children’s Trust
4:15-4:30 Evaluations, Raffles, Adjourn
Why should you attend?
· Networking! Meet other school nurses from across New Hampshire.
· Raffles! We'll be giving away door prizes AND a one year paid membership to NHSNA ($45 value)
· Vendors! On site will be SNAP, Mom's Clean Air Force, Mylan Inc., Screening for Mental Health, Planned Parenthood of Northern NE, NH Immunizations Program, Well Sense Health Plan, NH Children's Trust
· Naloxone Kits will be distributed.
· Meet and Greet NH DOE School Health Coordinator Nancy Wells MS, RN, NCSN
· School Nurse of the Year will be announced
· NHSNA will hold their annual meeting and elect new officers for 2016 - 2018We hope to see you there! Register online at www.nhschoolnurses.org