1. Lending library (Some are available now, email email@example.com)
2. Immunization Collaborative with Keene State College and the NH Medical Society
3. NHSNA funded the creation of "NH School Nurse Guidelines"
Anticipated completion 2020
4. Yearly Free Legal Issues Seminar (Held August 20th)
5. Emergency Bronchodilator School Pilot Project
In 2016, the New Hampshire (NH) legislature passed SB322, Relative to the provision and administration of bronchodilators, spacers, and nebulizers in schools. This legislation enables schools to address emergent situations for students with asthma, with the goal of reducing the number of students with asthma who must be dismissed from school due to their asthma.
In Fall 2017, the NH Asthma Control Program, in collaboration with the NH School Nurses Association, supported pilot implementation of the emergency inhaler legislation in 28 schools in 10 school districts (pilot schools) across New Hampshire over the 2017-2018 school year. An additional ten schools (nonpilot schools) that expressed interest in the project also participated. School nurses at all 28 pilot schools received a one-hour training and training and educational materials. All pilot schools and nonpilot schools received an emergency inhaler and four spacers. READ FULL REPORT HERE